September 5, 2007

The Way We Are

At church this past Sunday our Senior Pastor talked about men and women working together with the common goal of serving God. He said each couple should have a purpose statement to help define where the family was going. Good idea.

He also talked about the roles each gender has. It’s always an interesting subject because trying to tell a strong, independent woman in 2007 that she has to be the man’s “helper” is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.

The Pastor said that the man is responsible for the spiritual well being of his family, which I believe. He said that even though it was Eve who ate the apple first, it was Adam who bore the mantle of responsibility in the end.

My wife and I talked about the sermon later that night; she liked the part where the man is ultimately responsible for everything. My response was “well then stop making me look bad in front of God”. That kept her laughing long enough for me to come up with a real answer.

It’s not rocket science, really. Men and women are different. We act differently; we think differently, we view life differently. That’s the way it’s supposed to be. The world wouldn’t go ‘round any other way.

“God, thanks for making men and women so different. Bless us as we continue to try and figure each other out! Amen”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“well then stop making me look bad in front of God”. I am sooooo stealing this line!!! Have you met my wife and kids!!!

I just read all your posts and I must say that in all the years I've known you (and can remember), I never really knew that you had so much inside your head...no offense intended(That last statement sounded better when I thought about it than when I wrote it out).

also, I am throwing in my hat for the presidential rumble!! I'm pretty sure I could take Hillary in a 3 round MMA match, as long as I take her out early in the first round with a quick snap kick to the nads (Lord knows she has some big ones!)...then it's just gound and pound, baby, like any good christian boy would do. Then we'll see who the bigger 'man' is. However, if it goes beyond 30 second, I may have to put my money on Hill, she's just mean!!!
Who Loves Ya Bro!!!!