August 13, 2008

Up, Up, and Away

The baby birds have left the nest. Taken to the skies, I suppose. We found one dead, still in the nest though. Survival of the fittest and all, I suppose. It’s a shame however, to see life end before it has a chance to really live. It makes me wonder how humans can be so casual about ending life before it begins. Free Will and all that, I suppose. It seems people care more about animals dying than their fellow humans, to be honest. Kill a baby and it’s a choice. Kill an animal and it’s cruelty. It’s a strange world we live in, I suppose.

“God, thank you for the opportunity to witness the miracle of life beginning. It’s amazing to watch you work."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you never got a picture of the momma bird, we have to assume it was a stork. I've never seen an adult stork, but I've heard they come at night and you can't ever get a picture of them.

It surprises me that a stork would leave one of its own behind. Surely, a mother as sweet and beautiful as a stork would find value in all its young. How is it that one can arbitrarily decide one is more valuable than another?

Death is such a permanent event...

Bret L said...

My paparazzi skills aren't very good, so she was able to elude my lens pretty easily. Unfortunately the newborn that didn't make it was dead long before the others left the nest. I don't think mom left it alive.

Death is a doorway.