August 27, 2008

The Democratic National Clinton Convention

I’m not sure how the Clinton’s became such an important part of politics these days. Most Presidents retire and do their own thing, but I guess they didn’t have a power hungry wife with her eye on the Whitehouse.

Hillary’s celebrity seems to be larger than life. I don’t really remember a losing candidate having such a prominent part of their party’s convention, but so far we’ve seen Chelsea, then Hillary, and now we’ll have to endure Bill.

Bill isn’t happy though. He had a speech all prepared to discuss what a great President he was, but the DNC gave him a topic that doesn’t have anything to do with him, so he’s mad that he doesn’t get to talk about himself.

Hillary is just as bad. Her speech said good things about Obama, but she still made sure to set herself up for the 2012 election in the event that he loses to McCain.

She’s not satisfied with giving it a good try and then graciously bowing to the candidate everyone wanted. She can’t get it through her head that the Democrats in this country didn’t want her!

I do need to comment about one of my earlier posts where I said that Clinton supporters were going to scare Obama into choosing her as his VP. One of two things happened: either Obama stood firm and said no because he knows what a self-serving person she is and how disruptive she would be in the Whitehouse trying to rest control from him at every turn. Or Hillary’s ego wouldn’t let her accept being second banana.

It was probably a little of both, but in either case I’m glad she’s not in the race any longer.

It’s going to be an interesting election, and I’m not afraid to say that I prefer a more conservative President who has a better handle on world affairs. Obama doesn’t have the credentials needed to run this country, and running around screaming “CHANGE!” is the oldest trick in the book. In the end there would be little to no change, because he really doesn’t have a clue how to make the changes he keeps ranting about.

Just my opinion.

“God, in the end I know that all things are in your hands, and I feel safe knowing that no matter who wins this election, my life with you will not change. Any chance you want to throw your hat in the ring?”

No comments: