December 2, 2008

Thanks for the giving

My wife and I went to California for Thanksgiving. My bro-in-law just got short notice orders to Afghanistan, so we wanted to love on him before he leaves.

California is an interesting place. Like Texas, it takes forever to drive from one end to the other, and there is every kind of climate you can think of going on all year round in one place or another.

We went on a hike through some mountain range, I can’t remember the name, but it was beautiful. My sister took this picture, and I’m impressed with the colors of the landscape.

Anyway, say a prayer for my brother Dave as he prepares to enter the war zone. He’s a strong Christian man, so I don’t worry about him. Well, I worry about him, but I know God has a plan for him, so it’s all good.

Thanks Dave, for giving. For giving yourself to stand in harm’s way to protect the freedoms the rest of us enjoy back here in the states.

We love you.

“God, take care of my brother while he’s overseas. Keep him safe, and help him as I know he will continue to spread the redeeming word of Jesus no matter where he is, or who he’s staring down. Amen.”

No comments: