September 18, 2008

Vitamin “G” Deficiency

Things are heating up in the political world. In a very short time we will elect a new President, and the two major parties are starting to put the screws to each other.

One of the trends I’ve seen over past few years has been celebrity endorsements. For some reason people seem to think that if you’re famous you have an intelligent world view, and since these people have easy access to TV and radio, they go on the air a talk ugly about the candidate they don’t want to win.

I’m sure it happens on both sides, but the left seems to be more brazen about it. I’ve seen over and over celebrities using their fame to defame the other side. Watching Tina Fey make Sara Palin look like a ditsy idiot was funny to a lot of people, but it doesn’t paint a true picture of who she is.

Even worse, Chevy Chase went on the air and said he loved Tina’s impersonation and wants her to “decimate” Palin by doing more skits as her. What kind of person says something like that?!?! How hate filled do you have to be to wish that kind of ugliness on someone?

It suddenly came to me today. It isn’t so much an over abundance of hate, it’s a lack of God.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in your life changes you, at least in me it has. Wishing ill will on anyone doesn’t make sense to me anymore. Just because I don’t like a candidate is no reason to be hateful towards them. I want my candidate to win, but I don’t want the other person “decimated” in the process.

It’s probably going to get a lot worse as we draw closer to November. I hope you’re all going to vote. It’s a privilege that you must not let pass by.

The enemy wants people to hate and hurt each other. We can combat this by taking a daily dose of God. Pray, study His word, and let Jesus shine in you.

Have you had your vitamin “G” today?

“God, it breaks my heart to see so much hate in this world. Please stay my hand from ever raising towards another; seal my lips from resentment, and sooth my temperment so that others can see you living in me. Amen.”

No comments: