April 6, 2009

How Facebook killed the Blogger

I’ve been a blogger since 2007. It’s an enjoyable hobby, one that has helped me grow as a writer and given me an outlet for what might be deemed as insights. Of course that is a matter of opinion.

Then I joined Facebook. It’s a very interesting social network, and I find it almost impossible not to check it several times a day to see how all of my friends are doing.

The downside is that I seem to have much less to say on my Blog. I’m not sure why. I don’t write articles on Facebook because it’s not really the venue. But it seems that quickly jotting my thoughts in the box that says "What's on your mind?" has sucked the essayist right out of me. Does anyone else suffer from this? Or is it just my ADD mind needing quick and easy blurbs as apposed to semi-intelligent rants?

I will admit that my schedule has placed me in a position of less time for concentrating on insightful prose. Between work, church, school, and family I find I barely have time to sleep, let alone put together several paragraphs of text.

Or maybe I just don’t have a point to make anymore? Have I spoken my position so ardently that there isn’t anything else to say?

Tune in… I have a feeling I’ll find something worth commenting about that will force me to dance my digits across this keyboard again.

“God, I appreciate all that you give my mind to wonder about. I hope I don’t ask too many questions.”

No comments: