February 19, 2009

Cup of Assassination

I love my wife. She always puts things in perspective for me. We were lying in bed the other night and I showed her a band aid on my arm.

Me: Look honey! I gashed my arm really bad today!

Kathy: What happened!? (She knew it was a tiny cut, but let me embellish my story)

Me: I was emptying the dishwasher and as I was putting a coffee cup in the cupboard it slipped out of my hand and shattered on the counter and a GIANT piece flew up gouged into my arm!!!

Kathy: Oh no!? Which cup was it?!!!

Aaah, wedded bliss. LOL.

We celebrated the 5th anniversary of our nuptials last week. It’s gone by fast, and I thank God for blessing me with her presence in my life. She is everything that I am not, and she keeps me balanced.

I have never doubted that she was the right person for me. I’d been single for 12 years after a failed marriage, and every relationship was bad during that time.

Then I found Christ. Or rather He found me. He knew I was incapable of having a real relationship apart from Him. It wasn’t until I gave my life to Him that He allowed me to meet my soul mate.

God works in His own time. I don’t know why he came into my life when He did. I’m sure most of it was because I kept ignoring Him. But since then I have experienced a wondrous spectacle of miracles and changes in my life. The least of which is my beautiful, loving, wonderful wife.

I don’t know what took me so long to see Christ. All I know now is that I spent the first 40 years of my life running away from God. And now I will spend the rest of my life running towards Him.

“God, thank you for having mercy on me, and blessing me with such a generous, graceful woman. You really know how to pick ‘em!”

No comments: