December 2, 2007

A 3D Life

I was home alone this past weekend because my wife went to Vegas on an impromptu holiday with a girl friend. Spending several days without her always makes me realize how much my life sucks without her. She is everything that I am not, and I thank God daily for bringing her into my life.

(The preceding was an unsolicited display of affection and is in no way a suck up because I didn’t put up the Christmas tree this weekend like I was supposed to.)

Ignoring the “honeydo” list for the weekend I decided to go to a movie and I found the feature was offered in regular and 3D formats. I was intrigued so I decided to pay the extra 2 bucks and see the 3D version.

I was excited as I sat down and slid the 3D spectacles on my face, and it was worth the money. I was amazed as the previews started and it was like I was standing in the movie. Everything had depth, and the things that were supposed to be in the foreground actually looked closer. I’m officially starting a movement to have all movies made in 3D. It was awesome.

Our lives are a lot like the movie I watched. No, not full of dragons and knights, I’m talking about the 3D part. The things that mean the most to us are always in the forefront of what people see when they meet us. Think about it. What do people know about you? You may be into music or sports or some other hobby, but do people know you’re a Christian? If you want people to know the most important thing in your life is Christ then put Him in the forefront of everything you do, and let the viewers of your life have a 3D experience.

“God, in all that I do, I do for you. Let my life be a reflection of your loving, saving Grace. Amen.”

No comments: