October 9, 2009

How to Win the Nobel Peace Prize In 12 Days

I've been reading about President Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize today. To be honest, I was a little shocked. He's only been in office for 9 months, and he hasn't really done anything that has shown results.

I'm not alone, I've read several stories today that gave comments from around the world, and a lot of them are confused too. Even the President of another country said it was way too fast, that Obama hasn't had a chance to really do anything.

It made me wonder just how political this award is. But nothing really said like this article about how the nominations are done for the Nobel prize. It turns out that nominations we due just 12 days after Obama began his term in office.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/10/09/tommy-seno-obama-nobel-prize-win/

No comments: